Saturday, October 16, 2010

My new adventure: marriage

I am not very brave. I shake uncontrollably when I go to a hospital for a check-up. I had trauma from going to the dentist and I must say I just conquered that phobia recently. I fear the sight of  syringes. Even a prick of a needle in my fingers is a big thing for me. But I do have my share of adventures...

I climb mountains! Mt. Maculot, Mt Talamitam, Mt Gulugod-Baboy are some of the mountains I conquered. I even climbed 3 mountains in Japan, Mitake and the other two which I forgot the names already. To top it all, I reached the peak of Mt Fuji!

I rode the Space Shuttle in Enchanted Kingdom. I climb aboard numerous roller coasters in Japan. I even tried their famous Blue Fall.

We went very near the Ma. Cristina Falls in Iligan despite being prohibited by the authorities because of the danger.

And my newest adventure? My marriage. Yes, marriage is an adventure. When someone begins on that arrangement called marriage, he is getting into something which is, to say the least, adventurous. When a couple get married, they are doing something they know nothing about. It's a risk, thus, an adventure. Even 2nd, 3rd and nth timers still say it is an adventure for still they take risks.

What is more  scary (?) or risky is that it is a lifelong adventure!

My husband and I - we both know it is quite a risk we are taking. Even if we were together for seven years as boyfriend-girlfriend, there are still a lot of things we don't know about each other. There are worst things still to be discovered. We will be in a roller coaster ride for sure. We will get hurt. We will be happy. We will experience sorrow. We will celebrate. We will have our ups and our downs.

I believe what is important though is that we are in this together. We hope that just as adventurers prepare everything for their adventure, we will be guided by what we bring as well. Oh well, I am excited as always for this lifelong adventure of ours.

No comments: