Monday, March 14, 2011

Beef Tripe Kare-kare

I have always loved eating kare-kare but haven't got the chance to really cook it myself. When we went grocery shoppping last night I saw a pack of beef tripe and I just wanted to try cooking kare-kare this time.


THE RECIPE

We have:

1/2 k. beef tripe, cut 1”x2” rectangle
3 medium size eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
15 pcs sitaw, cut into 2" long
1 bundle pechay
1 packet Mama Sita Kare-kare mix
130 g peanut butter
ginisang bagoong alamang 

What I did: 

  1. In a casserole I put the beef tripe, added enough water to cover, and cooked until it boiled. The heat was lowered down and simmered  for 1-2 hours or until tender. I made sure enough broth was left ( about 4 cups).

2.  Meanwhile, I got 1 cup of broth from the casserole. In a bowl, I mixed the kare-kare mix, the broth and the peanut butter, stirred it until smooth.

3. When tripe is tender, vegetables were put in the casserole and was cooked for 2 minutes.

4. Then the smooth mixture was added. Was cooked until the sauce thickened.

5. Pechay was then added and a little salt to taste. It was cooked for another 3 minutes.

6. Kare-kare is done. Served with bagoong and rice.



No comments: