Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some childhood dreams do come true

When I was young, I wanted to be a housewife. Then I grew up, I was an achiever that I wanted to be the most successful woman in the world. I graduated First Honor during elementary school, Valedictorian during high school and received a lot of awards, honors, recognitions along the way. I wanted to be a top caliber lawyer accountant - one of those in the world. Big dreams for a small lady like me. Come college, I mellowed down. I did not fail in any of my subjects but I was not excelling too. In some twist of faith, it was not accountancy I took but Civil Engineering - a male dominated field. After passing the board exam on November 2004, I applied for a job in our place. Knowing that oftentimes you get hired not by your qualifications but by your connections in the province, I wanted to venture and find my place under the sun somewhere. But to do so would require enough money for a start. I did worked as casual employee in our municipal hall then when i had enough money I went to Manila. When I was in Manila, I did not find a job immediately. Fortunately, my then boyfriend found a job for me in one of their subcons. I had great time while I was there. I wasn't complaining about the small salary - I was contented and happy. One day, I got a call from a company which I applied to when I was still looking for a job. At first I was hesitant to go because of the responsibilities that were in my shoulder in our company. I even postponed going to that company for an interview. That interview landed me a second job. I resigned from my first company and worked in JGC Philippines. Everything was better in JGC. Got very nice friends along the way and I was happy. I indeed have been a career woman for so long. Not the career woman that I dreamed when I was young but a career woman nonetheless. July 2009, my boyfriend proposed to me. February 2010, we were married. June 2010, I resigned from my job, leaving everything that has been permanent in my life for almost 5 years. It was sad. But I had to. July 2010, I arrived in Abu Dhabi and has never been this happy in my life. Now, my original dream has come true, I am now a HOUSEWIFE.

No comments: